Home / Will & Enduring Power of Attorney Eligible Customers

Will & Enduring Power of Attorney Eligible Customers

From 01 July 2019, the Public Trustee provides Will making and Enduring Power of Attorney services only to eligible concession holders or those subject to administration or protection orders issued by SACAT or the Courts.

If you are not a concession card holder

Non-concession holders are no longer eligible to access the Public Trustee for Will making and Enduring Power of Attorney services from 1 July 2019.

For non-concession holders who currently have a Will or Enduring Power of Attorney with the Public Trustee and do not require changes, the existing arrangement will not be affected. Services will continue as they have previously.

If non-concession holders wish to make a new Will or Enduring Power of Attorney or make updates to their current Will or Enduring Power of Attorney, changes will need to be made by a lawyer, private trustee company or other alternative.

Estates will then be administered by the nominated executor which may still be the Public Trustee.

If you have a protection or administration order issued by either SACAT or the Courts

Your service will not be affected, regardless of whether you are a concession holder. You may continue to access the free service to make or update your Will. You do not need to do anything until you require these services.

Who is an eligible concession holder?

To be eligible, you must hold one of the following concession cards:

  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • Gold Card from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA)
  • Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
  • Extreme Disablement Adjustment (EDA)
  • War Widow
  • DVA Gold Card issued to a person with 80 or more overall impairment points under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004
  • Low Income Health Care Card
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card

Or receive one of the following Centrelink payments:

  • Newstart Allowance
  • Sickness Allowance
  • Widow Allowance
  • Youth Allowance
  • Partner Allowance
  • Parenting Payment
  • Special Benefit
  • Community Development Employment Project (CDEP)
  • New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS)
  • Austudy
  • Farm Household Allowance
  • War widow pension under legislation of the United Kingdom or New Zealand.

If you have any concerns or questions about this change to services please contact us on 08 8226 9200.

If you wish to find a legal practitioner, the Law Society offers a referral service. Details on how to access the referral service can be found here.